Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmastime blues

Merry Christmas everyone!

I should be at my aunt and uncle's place. "Should be" are the key words. My friend and his wife were both invited along, and since they all couldn't fit in my mom's Honda, I drove down to pick them up, and took them with me. Since my friend and his wife only live about 3/4 mile away, and his wife has a driver's license, I was fine driving down the 15 miles or so to my relatives'. No rain, and my car was perfectly fine.

Fast forward about an hour. My friend, who ALWAYS had stomach troubles, wasn't feeling too hot. My uncle offered to take him home, but I didn't want him to go out of his way to do that, so I decided to take him home instead, with his wife by me so that everything was legal.

BAD IDEA.

By this time, it was raining, my car was constantly hydroplaning, the side windows were perpetually fogged up, and I remembered, halfway down to their place, that I had about 1/4 of a cocktail, and, compounded with my meds, I shouldn't have been driving in the first place. When I finally got to their place, I couldn't see anywhere but forward, and I did NOT want to drive back, so I called my mom, asking her to pick us up. One problem. It's going to get dark in about an hour, and my mom can't drive after dark with her night blindness. Also, by the time we got back, the roast would be cold, and we would only have time to eat and run back. So I'm stuck home, waiting for my mom to come back with a care package, on my last Christmas in California...

I don't blame my friend one bit. He can't control his stomach problems, and, to be honest, I should have let my uncle take him home instead. I am not upset at him, and he shouldn't be hurting himself over it.

At least I have Minecraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment